The happiness of all of our pet guests is our number one priority at Red Dog. In order to ensure that all of our pet guests are comfortable during their stay at Red Dog, we take extra precautionary measures before approving any senior pet for an overnight stay. To get started with the reservation process, we ask that all pets 8 years of age or older, complete a one-time Red Dog Senior Pet Questionnaire and email/fax your most recent medical records from your Veterinarian no later than 72 hours before your reservation request check-in date.
Upon receipt of your completed Senior Pet Questionnaire & most recent medical records, a member of our team will reach out by phone to discuss your pet’s stay here at Red Dog. Often times, we will want to meet your pet before they check-in with us to make sure that Red Dog is the best fit for your pet.
Requirements for Senior Pets (age 8 years or older)
- Your completed Senior Pet Questionnaire
- Email/Fax a copy of medical records from most recent Veterinary appointment (appointment must be within one year from requested reservation date).
- Phone Interview with a Member of Red Dog’s Resort Team
- Senior Pet Meet & Greet at Red Dog Pet Resort & Spa (determined after questionnaire, receipt of medical records & completion of phone interview)
- At the discretion of Red Dog, some Senior Pets may be required to stay in one of our Standard Suite accommodations
- A daily Special Services Charge may be added to a pet’s stay if care instructions are outside of Red Dog’s daily routine
- Red Dog is unable to administer injections of any kind. Any requests for injection administration must be arranged with Boston Animal Hospital prior to check-in at a pre-determined rate.
Senior Pet Meet & Greet at Red Dog Pet Resort & Spa
Please allow approximately one hour for your pet’s meet & greet at Red Dog. We will introduce ourselves to your pet and a member of our team will review our questionnaire with you. Your pet will then visit our outdoor potty yard and one of our standard suites, so that the Red Dog Team can observe how he/she adjusts to the environment.