Careers at Red Dog Northshore
Our team members are among the best in the business! Red Dog Pet Resort & Spa is dedicated to the continuing education and development of all of our team members.
We are accepting resumés for the following positions:
Doggie Van Driver
Red Dog is seeking a weekday part-time or full-time doggie van driver with a clean driving record! Duties include bringing dogs safely home from daycare, grooming and overnight stays. All drops offs are located around the Boston area. Applicants must have a clean driving record, be reliable, responsible, trustworthy, and able to communicate professionally with current and prospective clients. Preference will be given to those who have animal care and/or professional driving experience.
A clean driving record is mandatory to be considered for this position.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you are genuinely interested in this great opportunity!
Service Coordinators (clerical experience required)
- Greeting clients & guests, make lodging/styling/fitness program/daycare appointments/reservations
- Answering telephones, accepting payments either by cash, check or credit card
- Calling veterinarians to check on a guest’s vaccination & medical records
- Filing of clients and guests personal records either in computer or paper files of our clients and guests
- Promoting & selling of services and retail
Pet Care Technician (professional pet care experienced required)
- Daily care of canines & felines for lodging and daycare
- Daily cleaning of guests quarters and surrounding areas
- Daily monitoring of guests for any signs of stress and taking appropriate action
- Promoting & selling of services and retail
Overnight Pet Care Technician
Candidates must be reliable, responsible, trustworthy, and able to communicate professionally with team members. Must have animal experience. Job is physically demanding.
Hours would be 10pm – 6am. We are looking for the nights of Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, andSunday.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- Walking dogs outside and back in
- Initial rounds with lockdown and security checks
- Lots of cleaning (kennels, dishes, daycare floors)
- Maintaining facility cleanliness
Salary commensurate with experience. Please email a cover letter and resume if genuinely interested in the position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assigns work areas and duties to PCT staff
- Schedules breaks and meal periods for PCT staff
- Supervises staff regarding Company policy on dress code, cell phones and interaction with guests
- Acts as the “go to” person when other PCTs have concerns regarding guests
- Reports all guest health issues to Registered Vet Technician immediately
- Oversees and assists with cleaning and disinfecting hotel areas
- Administers medications to guests as prescribed by veterinarians and/or requested by owners
- Assists in training new staff members including use of all equipment
- High School diploma or GED
- 2+ years of animal care experience or equivalent combination
- Desire to work with and around animals
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and write routine charts, reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak clearly and effectively with clients and team members
- Ability to read or listen and carry out instructions furnished in writing, oral or diagram form
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals
- Basic understanding of computer operations and the ability to learn industry-specific programs
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrates problem-solving ability
- Capable of multi-tasking
- Promotes professional and caring image of Red Dog through high personal/work standards
- Ability to communicate in clear, concise and courteous manner
- Demonstrates supervisory capabilities in a fair and consistent manner
- Ability to walk stand, sit, use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, run, climb and bend
- Close, distance, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Good sense of smell
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Stands/walks for long periods of time
- May encounter elevated noise level
- Exposure to temperature changes (indoor vs outdoor)
- Exposure to animal stool, urine, blood, dander, hair
- Exposure to fumes, airborne particles
- Exposure to cleaning chemicals
Stylist - Groomer (minimum 2 years experience required)
- All breed styling
- Coordinate duties with bathers
- Bathing guests upon arrival or departure